UPMC is hiring a Lead Direct Support Professional to support the Highland Ave Residential home under Western Behavioral Health at Mon Yough.
The Lead Direct Support Professional oversees and directs the Direct Support Professionals and Direct Support Professional Trainees to ensure quality Supports are provided to individuals with Intellectual Disabilities living in the community. This position oversees the assigned site or sites, assuring smooth and efficient operation. The Lead Direct Support Professional position provides on-site management of the home while acting as a positive role model for other direct care staff. The Lead Direct Support Professional position functions as part of the direct care schedule while performing administrative duties as assigned by the Supervisor/Program Specialist. The Lead Direct Support Professional position is responsible for maintaining HIPAA and Code of Federal Regulations Chapter 42 Public Health confidentiality standards.
The shift for this position is Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with some flexibility. Free parking is available on site. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills, the ability to work independently, and the ability to remain flexible and eager to learn.
- Fiscal Management: Manage and accurately document consumer funds. Ensure consumers obtain and keep adequate benefits, including Title XIX income and asset limitations, Physical Health Care, Behavioral Health Care, Dental, Vision, and Pharmacy. Develop site schedules weekly for assigned site which assure direct care hours are scheduled within budgeted hours and within ratios specified in individual ISP for residential and community supervision. Make recommendations to Supervisor/Program Specialist for the purchase of program supplies. Oversee grocery shopping and other household purchasing within budgeted guidelines. Demonstrate sound fiscal practices by creating efficiencies whenever possible.
- Program Management: Oversee, develop, and coordinate the services related to the quality and efficient operation of the ID Residential program, including but not limited to: Participation in Lead Direct Support Professional/QA meetings as scheduled. Participation in QA Projects as assigned. Participate in the Individual Support Plan (ISP) meetings and communicate effectively with all team members. Identify client individualized support plan to ensure proper service to client. Ensure that the residence is clean, safe and maintained in accordance with State, County/Administrative Entity (AE) and Agency guidelines.
- Program Management: Oversee and assure adequate upkeep of site/agency vehicle including: Monitoring and turning in vehicle logs monthly. Monitoring and turning in vehicle gasoline debit card use record and receipts. Coordinating licensing and inspections of vehicles as well as scheduling routine maintenance with ID Office Coordinator. Operate an automobile or van (including lift accessories) as appropriate to provide client transportation when needed and to shop for household items. Under the direction of the Medical Coordinator, schedule and coordinate the timely and appropriate delivery of Supports such as medical care, psychological care, psychiatric care, special therapy needs, day programming needs, residential programming needs and support service needs. Assure all required reports, assessments, and reviews are completed according to State, County/AE and Agency guidelines.
- Program Management continued: Work as an integral part of the direct care schedule and prepare weekly schedule for approval by Supervisors for direct care to ensure adequate coverage. Report to work with regular attendance. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with consumers, striving to exceed their expectations for quality service delivery. Exercise sound judgment in protecting consumer rights. Participate in timely development, implementation, and monitoring of goals and daily documentation of progress toward completion.
- Program Management continued: Ensure that all site records, including PsychConsult progress notes and documents are maintained: Mentor in use of Medical, Financial and Program Records. Assist staff in use of PsychConsult Medical records and electronic payroll systems. Participate in the development of all ISPs, monthly reports, and 3 Month Review reports. Ensure fire drills are appropriately conducted. Maintain awareness of current ISP for individuals assigned to the site and agree to adhere to ISP of individuals in delivery of service and supports.
- Personnel Direction: Provide direction for Direct Support Professionals and Direct Support Professional Trainees concerning: Dietary needs of consumer, including shopping lists. Shift responsibilities including but not limited to: housekeeping, laundry, cooking, and meal preparation. Community outings for individuals. Medication administration, including Med Practicums and MAR reviews. Unusual and Internal Incident reports. Behavioral/programmatic issues related to consumers. Make recommendations to the Supervisor/Program Specialist for disciplinary action, recognition, training, etc. Coordinate staff coverage for assigned site(s) and arrange emergency coverage while on shift.
Personnel Direction continued: Establish and maintain courteous, professional and productive work relationships: demonstrating cooperation and communication with co-workers, personnel from private and public community agencies, families, housing management companies, professional organizations and other necessary generic service to ensure the successful operation of the residential program. Mentor and motivate staff thus creating an environment that fosters trust and respect, empowerment, teamwork and open communication.
- High School/GED and two years of working with persons with intellectual disabilities or Associates Degree and 1 year related experience.
Driving: Must be 21 years of age or older with a valid PA driver’s license and meet the guidelines to be accepted on the agency’s vehicle insurance policy.
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Comprehensive Crisis Management (CCMC)
- Driver’s License
- Act 34
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMCâ€™s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.