At UPMC, weâ€™re all here for the same reason â€” to make Life Changing Medicine happen. Join our team and you will play a unique and important role in our mission to change healthcare for the better.
Why Join UPMC?
In addition to the benefits youâ€™d expect from an industry leader you can expect
We donâ€™t just take care of patients â€” we take care of our team, too. And we have the data to prove it.
- AWARD-WINNING WORKPLACE: Ranked #1 for Best Places to Work for Women & Diverse Managers. And 2020 Corporate Equality Index.
- A recent study showed that UPMC benefits are 20% higher in value than other healthcare providers in our market.
- Competitive pay and incentive program
- Tuition reimbursement
Opportunities to grow in your career at UPMC
UPMC is hiring Patient Services Representatives. We have open positions in our various offices throughout Allegheny County and Cranberry. Whether you are a seasoned professional or looking to start a new career in healthcare, the Patient Services Representative position is a great option for you! We are seeking candidates with strong customer service skills and a desire to enhance and create a positive experience during a patient’s visit to UPMC.
Our typical schedules are Monday-Friday, daylight hours, however some schedules require weekend availability. We do occasionally have part-time roles available as well. This is a great way to find the right schedule and location for you.
Interested in hearing more? Apply online today!
- Guide patient through check-in process
- Collect copayments and any other applicable patient payments
- Confirm and/or update patient registration information
- Schedule or connect patient to resources to schedule for ancillary services at checkout
- Assist patients in education of financial responsibility and connect them to advocacy resources as needed
Confirm/verify insurance benefits with the appropriate carrier
Completion of high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance
- Act 33 Child Abuse Clearance
- Act 31 Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting Training
Act 73 FBI Clearance
UPMC is an equal opportunity Employer/ Disability/ Veteran
At UPMC, we strive to ensure that diversity, inclusion, dignity, respect, and cultural awareness is at the core of everything we do. By fostering an environment where every member of our team has a voice, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, age, or culture, we aim to emphasize a simple point: who you are is important, and who you are has a place at UPMC.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.