University of Southern California
The TIC at USC (https://bioimaging.usc.edu), directed by Prof. Scott Fraser, and co-managed by Prof. Thai Truong, Director of Imaging Development, is consisted of a group of scientists and engineers coming from diverse fields of Biology, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, and Mathematics. We promote a highly interdisciplinary environment, enhanced by scientific collaborations within the USC community, greater Los Angeles area, and around the world. Our research activities have been, and continue to be, supported by funding from internal USC sources and external sources (such as Human Frontier, NASA, NSF, NIH, BRAIN Initiative).
This is a full-time, fixed-term, grant funded position, with all the benefits associated with an employee of USC. We hope to fill this position ASAP, and the position remains open until filled. You will be working closely within a team and with scientific collaborators, and will gain valuable knowledge and experience toward advancement in either academic or industry careers related to biomedical imaging.
- Minimum of bachelor degree in Biomedical Engineering, Bioengineering, Physics, Biophysics, Electrical Engineering, and related fields.
- Research work experience in fields related to biomedical imaging.
- Knowledge and working experience in at least two or more of following areas: optics, opto-mechanical setup design and construction, software/hardware implementation of data acquisition, microscopy, computational imaging, image analysis, and signal processing.
- Experience in the following is desired, but not required: confocal microcopy, neuro-imaging, electrophysiology, light sheet microscopy, light field microscopy.
Above all, we value candidates who are highly motivated and willing to learn and thrive in a truly interdisciplinary environment, combining tools from Physical, Computational, and Biological sciences toward solving cutting-edge problems biomedical research.
The hourly rate range for this position is $23.00 – $28.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâ€™s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Required Documents and Additional Information:
- Resume/CV and cover letter required (may be uploaded as one file). Please do not submit your application without these documents.
- Job openings are posted for a minimum of (5) five business days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended, so please apply on the same business day if interested.
- USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff and their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans with employer contributions after six months of employment; tuition benefits for staff and their family; free Professional Development classes; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses and free tram pick up services; discounts to sporting and other campus events.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
Minimum Education: Associate’s degree, Specialized/technical training, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 2 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Working knowledge of laboratory equipment and research protocols. Knowledge of computer analysis techniques and ability to provide routine analysis and interpretation of research data.