University of Southern California
USC University Advancement division is seeking an Administrative Assistant II to join its team. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President (AVP), Gift and Data Services, the incumbent will provide high-level administrative support to the AVP, Gift and Data Services, as well as the rest of the Gift Services and Data Integrity teams, as necessary. We are looking for a highly-motivated and detail-oriented team player. The right candidate will be able to juggle a variety of tasks and have excellent customer service skills.
University Advancement is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture in which all advancement staff and our stakeholders have the opportunity to connect, belong, and grow while supporting the University of Southern Californiaâ€™s mission, values and goals.
Job Duties May Include The Following
- Provides high-level administrative support to the AVP, Gift and Data Services, including but not limited to heavy calendar management, complex travel arrangements, expense reimbursements, and daily task management. In addition, the incumbent provides support to the directors for Gift Services and Data Integrity teams at the discretion of the AVP of Gift and Data Services.
- Responsibilities include managing a complex calendar; general administrative and office management support, preparing presentations; meeting planning, and database reporting. The administrative assistant will work to streamline systems; manage and analyze data, ensure timely processing of purchasing and invoice payments. Provides on-going communication with campus leaders, administrators and off-campus business contacts and manages other special projects as needed.
- Serves as resource to others on departmental and university procedures or in the resolution of moderate to complex problems or issues. Interacts with university offices and/or supervisorâ€™s subordinates to facilitate communications and information exchange.
- Composes and produces a variety of business correspondence, reports, confidential documents and/or forms, and related materials.
- Assists with department functions, as assigned, such as team meetings, donor events, retreats, etc. Arranges with vendors for sites, facilities, catering, etc.
- Researches and gathers data for department reports. Conducts preliminary analysis of data. Recommends report content and format to display findings most effectively.
- Screens and prioritizes incoming calls/emails, determining what contract or action is required for satisfactory disposition. Responds to inquiries or requests for information or refers to supervisor, as appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining office equipment and purchases.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Must have keen organizational skills with strong attention to detail. Ability to review documents for accuracy and completeness is essential
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple and overlapping tasks to ensure timely completion within established timelines
- Must demonstrate positive communication and interpersonal skills. Position requires regular interaction with interdepartmental staff, faculty members, and outside collaborators
- Must have proficient computer skills (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe) and Internet research skills
- 3 years administrative assistant experience supporting multiple people
- Previous high level administrative assistance experience
Required Application Documents
Please provide a cover letter along with your resume. Please ensure both of these documents are attached.
The hourly rate range for this position is $25.48 – $30.77 . When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâ€™s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff & their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans with employer contributions after 12 months of employment; tuition benefits for staff & their family; free professional development online courses; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses & free tram pick up services; discounts to football, basketball & other campus events.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 3 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Secretarial or specialized clerical and administrative experience