Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are seeking dedicated Inside Property Adjusters for the following locations: San Antonio, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Chesapeake, VA, Colorado Springs, CO or Tampa, FL. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds â€“ collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results. Typical work schedules are 9:00 am – 5:30 pm (local time) Monday to Friday and may include some weekends. Inside Adjuster role is a call center environment with a high volume of calls. This is an hourly, non-exempt position with paid overtime available. We have new training classes starting every month.
As a Property Insurance Adjuster, you will work within established guidelines and framework to investigate, evaluate, negotiate, and settle moderate to complex property insurance claims presented by or against our members. You will confirm and analyzes coverage, recognize liability exposure and negotiate equitable settlements in compliance with all state regulatory requirements. The ideal candidate will possess strong virtual estimating skills for minimal to low severity losses and/or reconcile estimates while working in a telephone concentrated environment without physical inspection of loss.
Military veterans and spouses are highly encouraged to apply.
What You’ll Do
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Partners with vendors and internal business partners to initiate inspections and facilitate moderately complex claims resolution.
- Investigates claim damages by conducting research from various sources, including the insured, third parties, and external resources. May identify and resolve potential discrepancies resulting from unusual characteristics.
- Identifies coverage concerns, reviews prior loss history, determines and creates Special Investigation Unit (SIU) referrals, when appropriate.
- Determines coverage through analyzing investigation information involving claim recommendation and resolution.
- Communicates with insured about coverage and any issues that arise. Determines and negotiates settlement amounts for damages claimed.
- Maintains accurate and current claim file documentation throughout the claims process.
- Proficient knowledge of estimating technology platforms to prepare claims estimates in order to handle moderate to complex property insurance claims.
What You Have
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of relevant property claims adjusting experience or 2 years relevant claims adjusting experience
- Successfully acquire Property & Casualty (P&C) adjuster license and state registrations within 90 days of hire
- Developing knowledge of XactAnalysis, Xact Contents, or similar tools and platforms
- Developing knowledge of property claims contracts and interpretation of case law
What Sets You Apart
- US military experience through military service or a military spouse/domestic partner
- 2+ years relevant residential property claims adjusting experience, to include personal property and dwelling
- Strong estimate writing skills using Xactimate, ClaimsX or virtual estimating
- Experience scoping the loss, writing an estimate, and managing loss
- Knowledge of homeowner property policies and endorsements
- Currently hold an active Adjuster license
- Prior experience working directly for a standard insurance provider
- Industry designations such as AINS, CPCU, AIC, SCLA (or actively pursuing)
- Experience in a call center environment
- Current reside or have to the ability to self-relocate to the following locations: San Antonio, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Colorado Springs, CO; Tampa, FL, or Chesapeake, VA
Work From Home Requirements
- Broadband internet bandwidth must have minimum consistent speeds of 25 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload.
- This is not a mobile position and will require a desktop computer set up (USAA provided) and hard-wired connection via an Ethernet cable directly into your router (no Wi-Fi).
- Wireless and Satellite coverage is currently not approved.
- Able to provide workspace at home that is safe, suitable for work, and a distraction free environment from background noises that may distract USAA member customers.
- In some roles you will be expected to use a USAA provided webcam for training.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $55,800 – $91,200
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.