Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
We have an important mission: serving the members of the military community and their families. Itâ€™s both a chance to say thank you and the opportunity to put your talents to work in a meaningful way. To do it right, we need the right people. Weâ€™re looking for those who share our values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Because what we do is just as important as how we do it. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
It is all about learning and growing.
Our Claims Customer Service role may be a new career for you. Thereâ€™s a lot to learn, but the journey is mapped out and USAA is willing to invest in you! Our comprehensive, fully paid four-month training program includes all training materials, class discussions, hands-on training, e-learning modules, and the instructor led guidance will help you to support our membership independently. We also pay for all licensing costs!
Our in-office development program provides the training you need and the encouragement to create a proactive and independent support style to service our membership. After six months in-office, youâ€™ll have the opportunity to work in a hybrid model where you can work from home 2 days a week.
We are currently seeking dedicated professionals to work in our Colorado Springs office for future claims customer service opportunities in
. Work schedules times will vary and may include some weekends.
We have new training classes starting every month. Military veterans and spouses are highly encouraged to apply.
As a Claims Adjuster in Non Injury Auto, you’ll work under supervision to investigate, evaluate, negotiate, and adjust low to moderately complex claims presented by or against our insureds to confirm coverage, resolve legal liability and equitably settle/defend in compliance with all state regulatory requirements. In this role, you will make a difference to our members as you recognize life events, understand needs, and provide advice to deliver appropriate solutions to the member.
What You’ll Do
- Acquire and apply basic knowledge of Property & Casualty insurance industry products, services, and processes to include P&C insurance policy contracts and coverages and the USAA claim handling process and procedures.
- Provide claims service via internal channels (phone/fax/email/mail)to members and third-party customers.
- Adjust low to moderately intricate Auto or Property claims.
- Seek mentorship from team members to resolve issues and identify appropriate issues for additional review.
- Partner with and advises vendors and business partners to facilitate claims resolution.
- Contribute to business goals, performance measurements, and efficiently uses tools & technology.
- Support workload surges and catastrophe operations during designated catastrophic events.
- Identify and handle existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
What You Have
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with members by phone, fax and email to process information for claims
- Successfully acquire an insurance adjuster license and applicable state registrations within 90 days of hire (USAA provides study materials and the training environment to assist you with the licensing exam)
What Sets You Apart
- US military experience through military service or a military spouse/domestic partner
- Bachelorâ€™s degree
- Digital literacy in a Windows operation environment
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is:
$51,800 – 53,800 annually.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.