Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are looking for a Bank Business Process professional for our Money Management group. The team is responsible for maintaining and improving the Bankâ€™s capabilities with respect to how members view, understand and grow their money. The team is direct accountability for the Bankâ€™s personal financial management (PFM) capabilities, financial wellness insights, savings tools, and Deposit statements and works closely across Deposits, Payments, Digital, Data, and IT partners to build and deliver a money management roadmap that further differentiates USAA and provides industry-leading value to the membership.
Applies advanced knowledge of bank processes and products and acts as a trusted advisor by providing consultation services to internal clients in areas of strategic sourcing, alternatives and solutions, supplier management, affiliate agreement adherence, third party risk management, and bank operations. Collects and consolidates demand and finds opportunities, within the Bank. Completes and oversees the development of business process related solutions for internal clients and members. Evaluates processes/ resources and develops effective solutions/ improvements/improvements to drive the efficient operation of the Bank.
This position is a hybrid work type and can be based in one of the following locations: San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Charlotte, NC; Colorado Springs, CO or Tampa, FL. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds â€“ collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
What You’ll Do
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are optimally identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Engages with key collaborators to implement balanced strategic solutions.
- Develops business process improvements for the Bank that aligns business deliverables, bank strategy and risk management framework.
- Leads planning and execution efforts and coordinates activities for highly complex projects.
- Applies a well-rounded understanding of risk and regulatory compliance to manage risks by using established methodologies and exercising control plans to ensure alignment with bank specific goals and process requirements.
- Provides consultation to influence and ensure process is crafted to address risk across all activities.
- Reviews and develops communication and change management plans for customers and internal collaborators to drive awareness on current processes and/or changes.
- Ensures alignment between internal collaborators and customers across all business process projects and services using proactive communication and engagement strategies.
- Uses data and analytics to deliver insight into customer and business process performance, finding opportunities to influence customer and business process activities and advise key collaborators.
What You Have
- Bachelorâ€™s degree; OR 4+ years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6+ years of experience in business process consulting, process design and/or program/project management experience.
- Advanced knowledge of bank products and processes.
- Experience in implementing and sustaining change/improvements.
- Experience in applying quality management, process improvement, and using process improvement tools and methodologies.
- Experience applying retail bank subject matter expertise to simplify the customer experience, standardize process execution, and automate where possible.
- Experience/ knowledge of Risk Management frameworks and Banking Regulatory requirements.
- Proven experience with process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and/or evaluation of business processes.
What Sets You Apart
- Experience in a medium to large sized regional or national financial services institution
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple partners, accountability for deliverables, and high-quality execution of work
- Understanding of risk management principles, processes including process risk assessment, control design and delivery, performance reporting, and linkage to key risk indicators and risk statements
- Strong attention to detail, deadlines with a focus on effective and succinct communication to peers and senior leaders
- Certifications in process engineering or improvement, project management (e.g. Lean Management, Six Sigma)
- Experience with SAFe Agile development processes and roles
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $95,250 – $182,030
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.