UPMC Somerset is looking to add a General Maintenace 1 to join their team! This position will support all maintenance areas as well as a focus on Painting. Hours for this position will be primarily daylight with flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Perform general maintenance work and tasks as directed with minimal supervision.
- Exhibit a basic knowledge of electricity, carpentry/hardware repairs, and mechanical equipment and systems.
- Assist with and maintain general cleaning duties on equipment and in mechanical support areas.
- Perform specific preventive maintenance on a variety of equipment.
- Perform all work following infection control procedures.
- Record personal work orders and submit hours to supervisor on a daily basis.
- Maintain clean and safe work area, equipment rooms and shop areas.
- Perform any maintenance work required in which skills can be utilized.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Assist in snow removal.
*Provide Security duties as required/requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Completion of a trade school program is preferred.
One year of general maintenance-related work experience is preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
- Driver’s License – PA Drivers License Required
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMCâ€™s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.