When you join the team at Unum, you become part of an organization committed to helping you thrive.
To Enable This, We Provide
Here, we work to provide the employee benefits and service solutions that enable employees at our client companies to thrive throughout lifeâ€™s moments. And this starts with ensuring that every one of our team members enjoys opportunities to succeed both professionally and personally.
- Award-winning culture
- Inclusion and diversity as a priority
- Performance Based Incentive Plans
- Competitive benefits package that includes: Health, Vision, Dental, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Generous PTO (including paid time to volunteer!)
- Up to 9.5% 401(k) employer contribution
- Mental health support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Student loan repayment options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environments
- All the benefits listed above are subject to the terms of their individual Plans.
And thatâ€™s just the beginningâ€¦
With 10,000 employees helping more than 39 million people worldwide, every role at Unum is meaningful and impacts the lives of our customers. Whether youâ€™re directly supporting a growing family, or developing online tools to help navigate a difficult loss, customers are counting on the combined talents of our entire team. Help us help others, and join Team Unum today!
The Senior Marketing Operations Consultant will have a successful track record for advancing marketing-sales engines. They possess the technical expertise and know-how to maximize our investments in marketing automation, CRM, CMS and analytics/reporting vendors to advance our work. The role requires a strong grasp on pipeline reporting in a complex data environment and can distill where enhancements are needed to accelerate our revenue engine. They can serve as coach to key stakeholder teams: Sales Enablement, Salesforce COE, and Marketing Analytics on alignment for funnel and performance reporting. This role would work in tandem with marketing, sales, and analytics teams to expose the necessary operational, data, and technical dependencies to help inform decision making from top to bottom of funnel.
This position reports directly to the Director of Digital Marketing and will be a key partner to cross-functional teams to elevate our reporting, analysis, and tech stack to increase our campaign effectiveness.
This candidate for this role will be able to answer the following questions:
What technical, systems, and data gaps that exist today and how do we solve them?
Where in the current marketing sales pipeline are we encountering friction and how do we fix it?
How can pipeline findings be used upstream to inform digital and content teams on optimization opportunities from top to bottom of funnel?
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide direction on the lead management and revenue reporting process through a close partnership with the sales enablement and marketing analytics teams
- Advise on the implementation and best practices for pipeline reporting and attribution models with our analytics team
- Distill findings into simple and directive takeaways to enable process improvements and system enhancements aimed at increasing conversion rates
- Report on leads, pipeline performance, and related campaign performance to empower performance marketing teams to optimize campaigns towards goal (leads and engagement)
- Partner with cross functional teams to manage and present monthly, quarterly, and yearly metrics on engagement and demand generation programs
- Identify opportunities to improve tracking and reporting, sales alignment, and the lead management process through a suite of reports and dashboards
- Work closely with sales and CRM teams to ensure all leads, contacts, accounts are properly assigned to sales teams.
- Champion data quality and accuracy across platforms
- Partner with marketing automation team to help define strategy for campaigns and nurture programs.
- Lead and own the marketing tech stack selection for best fit relative to opportunities in market (Acoustic, Alyce, Google Analytics, Sitecore CMS, Salesforce CRM, data enhancement services).
- Inform our tech stack selection through proactive research and evaluation of systems that enhance our existing capabilities with a focus towards CRO.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in the marketing technology and operations with B2B demand generation business model
- Must have experience with marketing automation platforms and CRM (Salesforce)
- Experience with BI-tools required
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Superior analytics skills adept at distilling large amount of information into actionable insight
- Strategic thinker adept at keeping primary goals and objective in mind while working with the team through technical, process and implementation details
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a complex, team environment
Unum and Colonial Life are part of Unum Group, a Fortune 500 company and leading provider of employee benefits to companies worldwide. Headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, with international offices in Ireland, Poland and the UK, Unum also has significant operations in Portland, ME, and Baton Rouge, LA – plus over 35 US field offices. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, SC, with over 40 field offices nationwide.
The base salary range for applicants for this position is listed below. Unless actual salary is indicated above in the job description, actual pay will be based on skill, geographical location and experience.
Additionally, Unum offers a portfolio of benefits and rewards that are competitive and comprehensive including healthcare benefits (health, vision, dental), insurance benefits (short & long-term disability), performance-based incentive plans, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match up to 5% and an additional 4.5% contribution whether you contribute to the plan or not. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of individual Plans.