When you join the team at Unum, you become part of an organization committed to helping you thrive.
To Enable This, We Provide
Here, we work to provide the employee benefits and service solutions that enable employees at our client companies to thrive throughout lifeâ€™s moments. And this starts with ensuring that every one of our team members enjoys opportunities to succeed both professionally and personally.
- Award-winning culture
- Inclusion and diversity as a priority
- Performance Based Incentive Plans
- Competitive benefits package that includes: Health, Vision, Dental, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Generous PTO (including paid time to volunteer!)
- Up to 9.5% 401(k) employer contribution
- Mental health support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Student loan repayment options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environments
- All the benefits listed above are subject to the terms of their individual Plans.
And thatâ€™s just the beginningâ€¦
With 10,000 employees helping more than 39 million people worldwide, every role at Unum is meaningful and impacts the lives of our customers. Whether youâ€™re directly supporting a growing family, or developing online tools to help navigate a difficult loss, customers are counting on the combined talents of our entire team. Help us help others, and join Team Unum today!
Minimum starting base pay is $52,000
This is an entry level position within the Benefits Organization. Incumbents in this role are considered trainees and are assigned a formal mentor for 6-12 months until they are assessed as capable of independent work. Incumbents are primarily responsible for learning and developing the skills, knowledge and behaviors necessary to successfully adjudicate assigned claims, in accordance with our claims philosophy and policies and procedures.
Incumbent must demonstrate the ability to effectively manage an assigned caseload, the ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment and the ability to appropriately render timely claim decisions, demonstrating strong customer service prior to movement to exempt level benefits specialist role.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Develop skills to manage a caseload of complex claims; ensuring appropriate sign offs are obtained. Caseload size may vary by product(s).
- Develop an understanding and working knowledge of Unum products, policies/procedures and contracts.
- Develop an understanding of the applicable contract/policy definitions and relevant provisions, clauses, exclusions, riders and waivers as well as regulatory and statutory requirements for claim products administered.
- Apply contract/policy knowledge and analyze technical and complex contractual knowledge (policies and provisions) to ensure appropriate eligibility requirements, liability decisions and appropriate payee.
- Develop problem solving skills by demonstrating analytical/ logical thinking, recognizing multiple connections, optimizing results by choosing the best strategies resulting in fair and objective claim decisions.
- Verify on-going liability and develop strategies for return to work opportunities as appropriate. Develop and strengthen claim validation and return to work techniques, where applicable.
- Produce objective, clear documentation and technical rationale for all claim determinations and demonstrate the ability to effectively verbally communicate determinations.
- Develop knowledge and effectively utilize a broad spectrum of resources, materials and tools regarding contractual, medical, vocational, disability and RTW strategies, as required.
- Develop an operating knowledge of the applicable claims system(s).
- Coordinate and share information with other products as appropriate.
- Provide timely and excellent customer service by paying appropriate claims promptly and quickly responding to all inquiries.
- Maintain expected service and quality standards on all assigned claims.
- Protects the Company against extra-contractual liabilities by following established guidelines and regulations
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- College Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Customer service / decision making experience and/or College experience.
- Able to utilize claim investigative techniques to identify and evaluate claim information in a fair and objective manner. Including appropriate identification of resources needed to assist with decision making process.
- Detail oriented; able to analyze and research a variety of complex contractual information.
- Able to maintain a high level of confidence to make fair and appropriate decisions even in the face of disagreement, while also being open and flexible to changing opinion based on new information.
- Demonstrated ability to operate with a sense of urgency and make balanced decisions with the highest degree of integrity and fairness.
- Able to influence others to reach appropriate and constructive conclusions.
- PC skills are essential; ability to operate effectively in an imaged environment.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and balance goals and priorities effectively in a highly complex and ever-changing environment.
- Self-motivated, independent with proven ability to work effectively on a team and work with others in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Strong mathematical aptitude is essential.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong communication; verbal, written, and listening, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Unum and Colonial Life are part of Unum Group, a Fortune 500 company and leading provider of employee benefits to companies worldwide. Headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, with international offices in Ireland, Poland and the UK, Unum also has significant operations in Portland, ME, and Baton Rouge, LA – plus over 35 US field offices. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, SC, with over 40 field offices nationwide.
The base salary range for applicants for this position is listed below. Unless actual salary is indicated above in the job description, actual pay will be based on skill, geographical location and experience.
Additionally, Unum offers a portfolio of benefits and rewards that are competitive and comprehensive including healthcare benefits (health, vision, dental), insurance benefits (short & long-term disability), performance-based incentive plans, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match up to 5% and an additional 4.5% contribution whether you contribute to the plan or not. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of individual Plans.