Part-Time Registered Nurse â€“ ENT Surgery (UPMC Presbyterian/8W)
This position is eligible for a generous sign-on bonus!
Sign-On Bonus Details
$7,500 sign-on bonus available for nurses with over 1 year of experience
Are you a Registered Nurse passionate about delivering the best care possible and want to make a difference in the lives of your patients? Join us at UPMC Presbyterian as we provide Life Changing Medicine to our community!
a Magnet designated hospital
, is currently hiring a
Registered Nurse to support 8 West Surgical Unit.
About The Position
Are you looking to work in a high-acuity nursing specialty along with an experienced team?â€¯â€¯8â€¯West at UPMC Presbyterian is an 11-bed surgical unit specializing in the care of patients undergoing ENT/head & neck surgeries including tracheostomy, total laryngectomy, and free-flap plastic surgery reconstruction.â€¯â€¯Nursing care on 8 West is challenging and very rewarding.â€¯ â€¯We pride ourselves in providing compassionate nursing care and fostering a supportive work environment.
Why Work at UPMC?
UPMC is committed to investing in nurses like you â€“ financially, personally, and professionally â€“ starting on day one of your career. From tackling student loans to advancing your career later in life, UPMC is the partner you need to succeed and thrive in your nursing career.
Hereâ€™s How We Support Our Nurses
- Generous Sign-On Bonus of up to $15,000 (*Amount and eligibility based on type of nursing role and candidate experience)
- UPMCâ€™s brand new Monthly Loan Repayment Program, exclusively for 2022 nursing graduates, offering $20,000* in loan repayment paid over three years (*Eligible flex full-time RN roles to receive prorated amount)
- Up to five and a half weeks of Paid Time Off annually, plus seven paid holidays each year
- Dedicated career ladders, including a brand-new nursing career ladder added just this year, allowing you to achieve your highest potential while rewarding you for your experience and advanced education
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $6,000 per academic year at any accredited institution, available to employees and their dependents (plus discounts for UPMC employees including no cost RN-BSN/MSN options!)
At UPMC, weâ€™re passionate about continuing to support your growth throughout your nursing journey. We offer a robust career ladder for bedside nursing that starts with Professional Staff Nurse and leads to Expert Nurse and beyond. The final job title and rate of pay will be based upon both individual qualifications and candidate choice. Any required certifications and contributions based on job title will be afforded a timeframe to obtain. Our competitive career ladder, as well as our Total Rewards package, will be discussed at time of offer to ensure you can make the choices that are right for you. The minimum rate of pay for a non-BSN Professional Staff Nurse is $28.90.
We also offer a pay differential to candidates that complete a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program and become a BSN prepared nurse.
- Applies the nursing process within the framework of Relationship Based Care to create a healing environment. Formulates daily goals and a plan of care for patients that involves the patient as partner and considers the individual needs of the patient in a holistic manner. Practices solid communication skills, and is able to articulate and translate the patient’s condition to other care providers and to negotiate and make recommendations for changes in patient care and unit practices. Patient documentation is comprehensive and promotes communication between caregivers. Demonstrates critical thinking in the identification of clinical, social, safety, psychological and spiritual issues for the patient care within an episode of care. Incorporates national professional organization as well as business unit and health system’s goals to improve patient safety, quality and satisfaction of the patient experience in daily work. Creates a caring and compassionate patient focused experience by building healing relationships with patients, families and colleagues.
- Identifies opportunities for clinical quality as well as workplace improvement. Applies evidence based practice as a regular aspect of professional practice. Serves on or leads teams that launch innovations in patient care or support a healthy workforce.
- Demonstrates a passion for developing others, enthusiastically and expertly precepts students, graduate nurses and new hires. Analyzes clinical and behavioral situations, identifying learning opportunities to improve patient care practices. Regularly seeks feedback on performance and applies continuous professional improvement. Supports continuous learning in the clinical area by sharing research, materials from professional organizations, presenting on the unit, supporting journal clubs, etc.
- Serves as a role model of professional nursing practice by serving as a recognized unit leader in one or more of the following areas: clinical expertise, teacher, specialized resource nurse, and/or evidence based practice. Consistently gives appropriate feedback to all members of the health care team and participates in the nursing peer review process.Promotes change that enhances the quality of patient care and the unit environment. Serves on teams and leads successful teams as a part of daily practice. Demonstrates highly developed clinical assessment and analytical skills within the context of Relationship Based Care. Actively participates in shared governance at unit level and serves on hospital-wide councils.
Builds and mends relationships among colleagues within the framework of a healthy workplace. Role models keen cultural awareness including preventing and addressing horizontal violence and impairment. Maintains a conscious balance between work and personal life through prioritization and delegation of responsibilities.
- Minimum 1 year experience. BSN preferred.
- The individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and/or interact appropriately to the ages of the patients served by his/her assigned unit as specified below.
- They must also demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs and to provide the care needs as described in the department policy and procedures.
- Must obtain a Solid/Strong/Good or higher on a Professional Staff Nurse Performance Evaluation to be promoted to this level. Must maintain a Solid/Strong/Good or higher on annual performance evaluation to maintain status.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, caring relationships with executives, managers, physicians, non-physician providers, ancillary and support staff, other departments, and patients/families.
- Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment, handle multiple/changing priorities and specialized equipment.
- Exemplary clinical judgment with critical thinking, analytical and problem solving abilities required as related to various aspects of patient care.
- Critical thinking skills necessary to exercise and to lead others in application of the nursing process.
Mobility and visual manual dexterity. Physical stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting and positioning of patients.
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse either in the state where the facility is located or in a state covered by a licensure compact agreement with the state where the facility is located. UPMC approved nursing certification preferred. Annual completion of a professional contributions selected from department, hospital or system goals, and approved by Unit Director OR UPMC approved nursing certification required within 1 year of hire/transfer and must be maintained. OR Certification not required if Master’s in nursing or DNP is held. If a BSN is held, a Master’s degree in a related field may be substituted in lieu of Certification. CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMCâ€™s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.