University of Southern California
with an exceptional commitment to excellence to join the Platform Services Team. As a member of the team, you are passionate about guiding, implementing, maintaining, enhancing, and improving enterprise information systems. You understand the importance of providing technical knowledge and support regarding system operations issues for USC. You will work with a team of engineers that designs and deploys enterprise solutions for the University of Southern California.
will be integral in providing Infrastructure and Platform Services to ITS as well as to the rest of the University. This includes building, operating, and maintaining all ITS Infrastructureâ€™s initiatives such as Trojan Cloud, SecureUSC, IMAGINE, and Data Availability and Recovery. The successful candidate will be tasked with identifying business requirements, creating designs and prototypes, leading testing activities, and conducting training and adoption.
The ITS vision aligns strategy, business, and services; affirms ITS cultural values; empowers cross-functional teamwork; embraces world-class best practices; and promotes innovation, excellence, agility, and efficiency. To achieve this vision, ITS is committed to providing a resilient modern technology infrastructure that delivers the performance necessary to meet the demands of a growing customer base. By training in the latest technologies for its highly productive and motivated workforce and providing outstanding customer experience and technology services, ITS aligns with the universityâ€™s mission to provide exceptional learning opportunities for students. ITS is creating a workplace where employees can develop cutting-edge skills, take pride in the services they provide, and have access to the roles and career paths that align with their abilities and potential. We are looking for top talent to join us on our journey.
USCâ€™s ITS organization represents a diverse and talented team committed to supporting a collaborative culture and delivering secure and innovative IT services, core to the mission of USC. ITS values accountability, excellence, and commitment to exceptional customer experience. ITS strives for a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages employees to do their best work every day and where individuals are recognized and celebrated for their contributions.
USC is the leading private research university in Los Angelesâ€”a global center for arts, technology, and international business. With more than 47,500 students, we are located primarily in Los Angeles and various US and global satellite locations. As the largest private employer in Los Angeles, responsible for $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic and professional schools and administrative units. As a USC employee and member of the Trojan Familyâ€”the faculty, staff, students, and alumni who make USC a great place to workâ€”you will enjoy excellent benefits, including a variety of well-being programs designed to help individuals achieve work-life balance.
The candidate for the position of
must meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Two (2) years of experience in information technology.
- Experience and leading-edge knowledge of design, deployment, and support of advanced virtualized infrastructures and multiple Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of emerging server, cloud and data center technologies and architectures.
- Experience with scalable management automation and orchestration methodologies and tools for cloud platforms.
- Knowledge of networking, routing, firewalls, subnets, subdomains, VLANs, and VxLANs.
- Experience with network security and troubleshooting network issues on operating systems.
- Ability to develop, design, test, and document improvement solutions and processes (such as scripting, automation, and workflow) aimed to improve the systemâ€™s efficiency, reliability, scalability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Experience monitoring and proactively managing systems to ensure their performance, availability, security, and capacity.
- Proficiency in using scripting or other programming languages to automate processes and maintain the systems’ environments.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and apply pertinent service-level agreements, policies, procedures, regulations, and other requirements and turn them into actionable outcomes.
- Experience architecting, implementing, and supporting on-premise workloads and IaaS cloud platforms. Excellent organizational skills, able to set priorities and manage multiple projects. Ability to provide documentation on configuration standards, troubleshooting steps, and infrastructure design. Exemplary communication skills, able to develop positive working relationships and strong rapport with team members, and interact with a diverse community of colleagues and stakeholders.
The Nice To Haves:
The ideal candidate for the position of
meets the following qualifications:
- Five (5) Years of Experience
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in engineering, computer science, computer information systems, or a related field.
- Experience working in IT within a higher education environment.
- AWS Certifications
- Linux Foundation Certifications
THE WORK YOU WILL DO
you will support the design, implementation, configuration, and day-to-day operations of the university’s server environment. You will be critical in developing solutions to meet the evolving needs of university customers. You will have a stake in collaborating with various customers, partners, and key stakeholders in administrative and academic units. And you will provide best-in-class systems engineering services, ensuring the stability and security of centralized, distributed, physical, and virtual servers in on-premise and cloud data centers.
The Systems Engineer
- Works with key campus-wide stakeholders to effectively design, engineer, secure, and provide high-quality, high-performing, and highly available system engineering services and solutions. Participates in system planning, engineering, design, configuration, implementation, updates, and maintenance. Follows policies and procedures consistent with university practices. Ensures day-to-day system operations are consistent, reliable, and accessible for users on all university campuses.
- Leads troubleshooting support for issues escalated by the customer experience team. Seeks to understand partners’ needs, communicating clearly with a broad range of stakeholders, and developing and maintaining knowledge-base articles, tutorials, and training resources.
- Collaborates with team members and management, implementing effective solutions to support the teamâ€™s vision. Maintains currency with technology, standards, and best practices. Supports process improvement efforts within the team and across the organization.
- Maintains currency with new and emerging technologies, leveraging the latest industry knowledge to proactively experiment with new ideas and approaches and facilitate opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement. Applies leading-edge technical and operational knowledge to design, configure and maintain server platforms. Identifies and recommends ways to improve existing procedures.
- Designs and utilizes best practices for effective troubleshooting and problem-solving. Analyzes highly complex datasets to identify root causes and makes sound decisions that benefit the organization and university.
- Aids the cultivation of an inclusive environment and a culture of trust and transparency, sharing information broadly, openly, and deliberately. Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with diverse groups of peers, team members, and leadership. Promotes an environment that fosters inclusive relationships and creates unbiased opportunities for contributions through ideas, words, and actions that uphold the principles of the USC Code of Ethics.
Join the USC ITS team and work as a trusted partner in shaping an environment of innovation and excellence.
The annual base salary range for this position is $107,441.05 – $115,000. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâ€™s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree Additional Education Requirements Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 2 years Minimum Skills: Experience and leading-edge knowledge of design, deployment, and support of advanced virtualized infrastructures and multiple Operating Systems. Knowledge of emerging server, cloud and data center technologies and architectures. Experience with scalable management automation and orchestration methodologies and tools for cloud platforms. Knowledge of networking, routing, firewalls, subnets, subdomains, VLANs, and VxLANs. Experience with network security and troubleshooting network issues on operating systems. Ability to develop, design, test, and document improvement solutions and processes (such as scripting, automation, and workflow) aimed to improve systemâ€™s efficiency, reliability, scalability, and cost effectiveness. Experience with monitoring and proactively managing systems to assure their performance, availability, security, and capacity. Proficiency using scripting or other programming languages to automate processes and maintain the systems environments. Ability to interpret, analyze, and apply pertinent service level agreements, policies, procedures, regulations, and other requirements, and turn them into actionable outcomes. Experience architecting, implementing and supporting on-premise workloads and IaaS cloud platforms. Excellent organizational skills, able to set priorities and manage multiple projects. Ability to provide documentation on configuration standards, troubleshooting steps, and infrastructure design. Exemplary communication skills, able to develop positive working relationships and strong rapport with team members, and interact with a diverse community of colleagues and stakeholders. Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree Computer Science Or Bachelor’s degree Computer Information Systems Or Bachelor’s degree in related field(s) Preferred Experience: 5 years Preferred Skills: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, information technology, or relevant field. Experience in IT, higher education, or other relevant fields.