Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
We have an important mission: serving the members of the military community and their families. Itâ€™s both a chance to say thank you and the opportunity to put your talents to work in a meaningful way. To do it right, we need the right people. Weâ€™re looking for those who share our values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Because what we do is just as important as how we do it. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
s all about learning and growing.
Are you a military veteran or military spouse interested in serving the community you know so well?
Theft and Fire Adjuster
role may be a new career for you. Thereâ€™s a lot to learn, but the journey is mapped out to help you build a lasting career and USAA is willing to invest in you! Our comprehensive training program includes all training materials, class discussions, hands-on training, e-learning modules, and the instructor led guidance will help you to support our membership independently. We also pay for all licensing costs!
Our in-office development program provides the training you need and the encouragement to create a proactive and independent support style to service our membership.
We are currently seeking dedicated professionals to work in one of our offices for in in San Antonio, TX or Tampa, FL. Work schedule times will vary between business hours. Military veterans and spouses/domestic partners are highly encouraged to apply.
Within defined guidelines and framework, responsible to adjust auto and property non-injury theft, fire, and vandalism insurance claims and other potential fraudulent or questionable claims presented by or against our members and settling claims in compliance with state laws and regulations.
What You’ll Do
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, handled, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Investigates and figures out coverage and liability, evaluate, negotiate, and settle low complexity to high complex non-injury auto and low complexity unscheduled personal property claims such as comprehensive, collision, property damage liability, uninsured motorist property damage, personal property and rental vehicle coverages for total loss and repairable vehicles.
- Acquires and applies a functional understanding of fraud schemes and investigative strategies for questionable, suspect, or fraudulent first- and third-party claims. Refers the claim for further investigation if there are suspicious circumstances.
- Acquires and applies foundational knowledge of P&C insurance industry products, services, and processes in investigating claims, to include P&C insurance policy contracts, coverages and internal claims handling process and procedures.
- Participates in the collection of data and evidence in the pre-fraud investigation through taking statements, collecting police reports and other documentation pertaining to the facts of the loss.
- Clearly document thought process including damage evaluation, investigation, negotiation, and settlement decisions for cases that may include non-routine circumstances and resolutions and in coordination with the outcome of SIU investigations.
- Support workload surges and/or Catastrophe Operations as needed which may involve volunteering for extended hours
- Adjust and coordinate under multiple policy types for a single event to include auto, homeowner, renters and VPP policies while adjusting the coordination of benefits between multiple applicable policies.
- Perform unique valuation analysis for Total Thefts to include entering the vehicle characteristics into the valuation
- May take First Notice of Loss to initiate claim and gather information for effective investigation. May manage a high volume of calls.
What You Have
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma.
- Up to 1 year of auto and/or property claims adjusting experience.
- Acquisition and maintenance of insurance adjuster license within 90 days and designated number of attempts.
- Proven investigatory skills.
- Ability to organize, analyze, and effectively determine risk and appropriate response.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
What Sets You Apart
- Up to 1 year of Auto claims adjusting experience.
- Active insurance adjuster license
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is:
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.