Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
This is a great opportunity to be part of a team that is at the forefront of defining USAAâ€™s Open Banking strategy.
This position is a
work type and can be based in one of the following locations: San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Charlotte, NC; Colorado Springs, CO or Tampa, FL. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds â€“ collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
The experienced Product Management Manager will be responsible for building the vision, roadmap, and formulating strategies leveraging Open Banking to create new products and services. The Product Manager is a thought leader who can formulate strategy recommendations based on analysis of profitability, competitiveness, and revenue generating capabilities specific to Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). They have a strong technical acumen who can compile, analyze, and interpret data to make tactical recommendations working directly with delivery teams. They will also have experience working with 3rd party financial technology companies, vendor management, and have a deep understanding of API development and management.
Join us at this exciting time where you will use an emerging technology to create products and services that facilitate the financial need of the military community and their families.
What You’ll Do
- Leverage resources to gather analytics, competitive intelligence, and member information to support formulation of product strategy.
- Participate in the development of product strategy recommendations.
- Develop recommendations to launch new products or sales strategies and the evaluation and decision to buy/build or partner.
- Act as product SME on features and services and collaborates with business partners to provide recommendations.
- Partner with phone and digital teams on how to efficiently use sales guides and provides education on products and services, including new offerings and improvements to existing features.
- Assist in the identification and evaluation of potential providers for alliance relationships.
- Provide support in developing, editing, and distributing product communications.
- Conduct research on external market trends/design changes, financials, member information and/or transaction data for assigned products.
- Hold responsibility for coordinating with relevant control partners (to include Legal, Compliance, and Risk Management) to ensure product offerings are crafted, implemented, and handled in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Interprets performance results to advise product or sales forecast and planning.
- Identify and handle existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are efficiently identified, measured, supervised, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
What You Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain, Statistics, or related discipline; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 years of relevant industry experience in Actuary, Underwriting, Marketing or Sales/Service or Finance/Accounting Operations or Financial Services.
- 2 years of product management, or similar strategic management experience (similar experience includes direct support in managing product performance).
- 1 year of Data Visualization experience (i.e. Tableau).
- Advanced experience in creating product briefings.
- Experienced in market research to create product roadmap, make product decisions and iterate rapidly.
- Knowledge of applicable product related regulations, and risk and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, and regulations to include: FFIEC- Retail Payment Systems Handbook, Payment Rules (NACHA, Zelle, etc.), Reg CC, Reg E, Reg DD.
What Sets You Apart
- 3 years of experience in road map planning specific to Open Banking strategies.
- 3 years of direct experience working in Bank Money Movement.
- Experience working with third party Fintechâ€™s (e.g. Plaid, Venmo, Mint, Yodlee).
- Experience in communicating and presenting to executive leadership.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $104,660- $199,970
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.