Senior Industrial Engineer
Director of Industrial Engineering
The Senior Industrial Engineer position supports the logistics organization through a variety of projects focused on enhancing productivity, maximizing throughput, and ensuring workplace safety. The position will lead the network productivity team and work closely with the Operations and Engineering team on developing standards, creating productivity measurements, leading process improvement initiatives, and driving network efficiencies. Candidate should be a motivated team player with a positive attitude and possess good organizational and communication skills. Individual should be able to function well in a multi-task environment with attention to detail, and willing to accept new and diverse assignments. Candidate must be able to work with all organizational levels including fellow-employees, customers, and management.
- Lead the network productivity team in the day-to-day activities of producing accurate and timely operational metrics.
- Development and maintenance of an accurate and effective Work Measurement System. Ensure effective productivity measurements are established for identified functions through time and frequency studies
- Evaluate and revise work methods and workflow for all functions to ensure best method practices
- Lead the training of management and hourly workforce on productivity and work methods
- Manage the execution of the Productivity Reporting system and provide support to the Productivity Accountability Program using a Labor Management System
- Assist in the analysis and cost justification on all capital project requests and process improvement initiatives
- Lead the collection of data to assist in the development of distribution center and capital budgets
- Analyze and evaluate existing systems and processes, identifying value-added and non-value-added activities to solve design challenges
- Assist in the design, selection and installation of material handling equipment incorporated into existing, new and expanded distribution centers
- Work effectively with external resources (consultants and contractors) to ensure collaborative partnerships to meet business requirements.
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- 5+ years of experience in a Direct to consumer, manufacturing, or retail distribution environment
- Experience with Warehouse Management, Labor Management, and Time and Attendance Systems
- Experience with productivity tracking, data collection systems, and analytical software tools
- Experience performing cost analysis for project justification
- Experience in Lean/Six Sigma or similar continuous improvement programs
- Demonstrated experience with work measurement methodologies and tools with an emphasis on time studies and standards creation
- Experience in Performance Management and Individual Incentive System Programs
- Knowledge of Statistical Analysis, Operations Research and Line Balancing
- Knowledge in AutoCAD or similar suite of computer aided drafting
- Expertise in projects related to process design, work measurement, productivity improvement, cost reduction and project implementation
Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field.
Gap, PA â€“ URBN Fulfillment Center
Some travel required.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.