Reports to: Facilities Supervisor
Status: Full Time
Schedule: Wednesday – Saturday (4:30am – 3:00 pm)
Salary Range: Based on Experience, skills, abilities and shift.
Direct Reports: None
- Assists in installation, preventative maintenance, emergency repairs, conveyor inspection and repairs, building, and mechanical systems pertaining to facilities and/ or production equipment.
- Applies technical and maintenance experience to improve and maintain both short- and long-term facilities and/or production equipment.
- Maintains validated parameters during the operation of equipment, thus permitting the timely release of product and meeting functional, cosmetic, and other quality control specifications.
- Assists in equipment-related recommendations that will secure improvements in productivity, efficiency, cost control, and product quality.
- Assists with maintaining SOPs and related documents w/ Team for maintenance and operation of equipment and all other job functions within assigned areas under the guidance of Lead or Supervisor.
- Assist with implementing methods that will maximize reliability of production and/or facilities equipment within its limitations.
- Monitors and make mechanical Adjustments for equipment in assigned areas to ensure the operation of equipment within written SOP guidelines.
- Assists in monitoring daily performance of Automation and/or facilities equipment. Will assist and consult with Leads and Team for troubleshooting equipment.
- Identifies equipment failures which may affect performance and make recommendations for corrective action and preventative approach.
- Maintains maintenance logs of all inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures using our CMMS.
- Be available for emergency callbacks and flexible toward the daily start schedule and overtime requirements, including holidays and plant shutdowns. Also, available for Peak Season Coverage based on business needs.
- Adhere to all safety codes, puts safety first and practices for self and others throughout the Supply Chain Campus / or Site.
- Partner with ops departments with housekeeping and organization.
- Partner with Support Techs and Housekeeping Team to Sweep and clean all stair wells, walks, and common areas.
- Wipe down all guard rails and handrails, cabinets and ledges of Automation Equipment and Conveyance.
- Partner with ops and housekeeping to maintain all trash cans, paper towel dispensers, soap dispensers, hand
- Operate floor sweeper and scrubber as needed.
- Assist maintenance with scheduled shutdowns and maintenance tasks.
- Sanitize all door handles and timeclocks.
- Campus wide outside trash cans, truck yard and parking lot clean up.
- Usage of motorized and non-motorized floor scrubbers and sweepers.
- Work OT as needed.
- Minimum H.S. diploma or equivalent, along with specialized coursework beyond high school education
- Minimum of 1-2 years related maintenance experience
- Trade skills in one or more of the following: welding, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, instrumentation, forklifts, building construction, conveyor.
- Ability to interpret and understand maintenance manuals and electrical equipment blueprints
- Knowledge and experience in industrial equipment mechanics
- Ability to work with little to no supervision and in a team setting
- Ability to lift to 55 lbs.
- Ability to safely operate motorized heavy equipment
- Ability to stand, walk and crouch daily.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequently lifts up to 55 pounds. May operate warehouse equipment (i.e., forklift, pallet jack, cherry picker) which requires some coordinated movements.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.